Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..." (Proverbs 3:5)

Hey fellow bloggers!
Wow... how often as christians do we take that verse to heart? How often to we choose not to trust the Lord? How often do we (fallible, weak, specks compared to the universe human beings) think that we "KNOW" best and that "this time" we're "right". Have you ever stopped to think about that? I mean its sad and to think... we're doing it to GOD!!! How often we must hurt Him...
Anyway, the Lord has been teaching me so much lately... He's been teaching me to trust HIM! As I grow older I begin to see how I can get so comfy... with the way things are going, my little circle of friends, school life and lately He's been showing me how He is the only thing that I should be "comfy" with and rely on... So here's my little "tip" for the day...
TRUST HIM!!!! Don't get ensnared with thinking that everythings "ok" or on the other hand (I've been dealing with this this week) don't let circumstances get in the way and sway your focus on Christ... its the devil! Remember that story of Peter (Matthew 15:22-330 and how
he saw Jesus walking towards them on the water and told Jesus to command him to come to Him (walking on the Sea in a huge storm) and Jesus did? So Peter went to Him and was walking on the water BUT he took his eyes off Jesus and saw the huge waves and began to sink ?
Jesus saved him BUT think about it... we say "Oh that Peter... he didn't trust..." Yet, how often do we do the EXACT SAME THING and take our eyes off Jesus?
Really makes ya think huh!
TRUST HIM and Him alone... HE will NEVER leave you or forsake you.

No comments: