Friday, June 30, 2006

Camp Ahoy!

Hey all you fellow bloggers out there! :)
Sooo exciting what God is doing in my life:) Here's a few of my thoughts that I shared in an email to a missionary friend:
" Hey! How are you doing? I have the most incredible news! I am OFFICIALLY the newest CIT at Bliss Summit Bible Camp! I am getting kinda jittery though because it is 3 days till countdown. :-) I am leaving on Monday for a week of staff training. I’m kinda scared because I’ll be alone…I mean… Ever since this past school year a friend from school and I had been planning to work together at camp. We originally thought that it wouldn’t work out BUT a few weeks ago she called and we decided to call the Bliss office and get applications. We did and I got my application, filled it out, and then got a call from Uncle Ben (all the guys are uncles and the girls are aunt or miss depending on if they are married yet. Obviously I am a Miss. :-) ) telling me that I was accepted. I was ecstatic!!! Then…my friend called and said that she wouldn’t be able to work after all because of some different circumstances… It’s hard… I mean, I’m excited about going but I’m also scared…what if I don’t make friends? What if others hate me and I have NO IDEA why? It’s kinda neat though because I’ve been studying in my devos about how as a child of God I am totally hidden in Jesus Christ!!! God is good! I do trust Him…it’s just kinda scary :-) So, I am going on Monday for staff training; then, I am coming home for a week to celebrate my birthday. It’s on a Sunday this year and since the camp wk. starts on Sundays I am just going to celebrate it early! Which, by the way, I don’t mind at all! :-) Then I am going for 3 wks. in a row. Mom is going to cook the last week so that the kids can come for free. The first wk. (the 16th through the 22nd) is youth week. That is ages 14 through 18…that’ll be kinda weird:-) I mean, an 18 year old waking me up to ask me if she can go to the bathroom…? The 2nd week (the 23rd through the 29th) is a Junior week. That is ages 8 through 11…big switch, but, it’ll be a blast! Then, finally, the 3rd week (the 30th through the 5th) is Adventure week. That is ages 11 through 14…my brother and sisters are coming that week. The girls are going to be in my cabin. Our friends are coming that week too…which, is kinda cool! The girl is going to be in my cabin too and the boy is going to be with my brother. It’s their 1st time at camp! They’re excited! So…I just thought that I’d write and tell you about that :-) Beesha warned me about the “3 C’s” ! Cute Christian Counselors! Oh boy! :-) "
If you can tell (DUH) I am totally cyched about this awesome oppertunity that God has given me :) He's pushing me out of my comfort zone and I just have to trust Him in the plans He has for me! Gotta Go! TRUST HIM!!!

No comments: