Monday, September 24, 2007

An amazing Sunday...

Hey all!
I am going to share with you a portion out of my prayer journal. God is so good and I just want to testify to that! So here it is Sunday, September 23, 2007:

~Dear Heavenly Father,
Wow! I have been reading through "When God Writes Your Love Story" for my devotions and the chapter today was centered on making You the center of our life (love and other). There are some quotes in there about giving God your all by Oswald Chambers:

"Tell God you are ready to be offered, and God will prove Himself to be all you ever dreamed He would be."
"The reason some of us are such poor specimans of Christianity is because we have no Almighty Christ. We have Christian attributes and experiances, but there is no abandonment to Christ."
"In our abandonment we give ourselves over to God just as God gave Himself for us, without any calculations. The consequences of abandonment never enters into our outlook because our life is taken up with Him."

I love those quotes just because after last night (Momentom 2007)I truly believe that is what God has for me. Or no, He has always had that for me but now I truly believe that I am ready to finally give it all to Jesus. In Genesis 22 is the story of how Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only son. To the point of picking up the knife...then God stopped Him. It was a test to see just how far and deep Abraham's commentment went. Abraham was willing to sacrifice everything. When he heard God's voice he did not ask questions but immediately did it.
Lord, today I am asking You to help me develope that kind of abandonment to You. Lord, when You speak help me to discern it and obey.
Father, I pray for the church service today. I have never really done this before but I pray that you will come down in POWER Father. Last night I was talking to ----- saying how there was going to be no one in church because the ------ aren't there but thats ok because I am used to it. That is so wrong! 1st, I beg Your forgiveness for that kind of attitude Lord. Sadly that has really always been my attitude towards Church and this morning You have just opened my eyes to that Lord. Father, I have been going for the people but no more Lord! I pray that today You would speach to me. Convict me of sin. Help me to pay attention and to grow in You. I want You to be the CENTER of my life Lord. I invite You to be that center. I love You Lord. In Jesus precious name, Amen.!~

So yeah, I went to church with a whole new attitude and wow! What a difference it made :) God is so good. And so merciful, yeah, I made mistakes but God forgives and today is a new day! I love this idea of instead of trying to build God into your busy life but build your life AROUND God with Him as the CENTER. It is radical but it will change your life! Blessings to you all :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool prayer story!
~Victoria~