Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lady in Waiting...

"Lady in Waiting
is not about finding the right man,
but becoming the right woman.
The lady in waiting
recklessly abandons herself
to the Lordship of Christ,
diligently uses her single days,
trusts God with unwavering faith,
demonstrates virtue in daily life,
loves God with UNRESTRICTED devotion,
stands for physical and emotional purity,
lives in security,
responds to life in contentment,
makes choices based on her convictions,
and waits patiently for God
to meet her needs."

"We are not created to complete another but to complement. Completion is Jesus' responsibility and complementing is a woman's privilege. A woman not complete in Jesus will be a drain on her husband. Such a woman will expect her husband to fill the gap that only Jesus can fill."

A dear friend (thanks Aly :-p) gave me a wonderful book entitled "Lady in Waiting" and I was reading it and these quotes really stuck out to me...so I thought I would share them :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love that book! I really learned a lot from it!

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good :)