Sunday, February 24, 2008

The 1,001 Time

Hey all you fellow bloggers out there!
Have you ever read a verse(s) 1,000 times and then the 1,001 time the Lord just kind of hits you over the head with it so to speak? Well, that happened with me 2 days ago.
I had called the admissions office at BBC and was told that I will probably have to pay money to get in and so I was worried about that and then I was trying to get this blog updated and so I was trying to get that done. Anyway, I decided that night that I would start reading one chapter in the old testament and one in the new every night. MY plan was to read Genesis 1 and Matthew 1 and...yeah, I did not get past Genesis 1:1-2! HE had other plans!
I had been (as many of you know) just really struggling with going to the Lord with my problems 1st and not turning to other people. As I was reading Genesis 1:1-2

"1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was[a] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."

As I read it I started thinking about the fact that God has been around for forever and how He was the one that created everything and then I started looking up other verses and Isiah 42:5 really touched me:

"Thus says God the LORD,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
Who gives breath to the people on it,
And spirit to those who walk on it:"

Then I started thinking about the fact that I think that I have soooo many problems but instead of going to the Lord I try to "fix" them myself or try to get others to help me fix it and yet I do not turn to the only one who really can fix it...the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Lord has always been and always will be...why do I think taht my problems are "new" to Him? He was there before "new" was even thought of. Why do I not trust the Creator of the Heavens and the earth implicitely? Why is it so hard for me to give things over to His control when, in reality, He has been controlling it all since forever!
It is so neat to me...every single time something comes up where I am starting to doubt the Lord or starting to worry, the Lord just provides either through a letter, or a phone call, or a gift, encouragement and a reminder to keep trusting Him...
Trust Him!
Blessings to you all...

No comments: