Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Katia and Sergei...

Hey all,
Do you love ice skating? I do! These past few days I have been watching alot of husband and wife team Sergei and Katia, russion skaters who won 2 world championships and 2 olympic gold medals. Sadly, in 1995, Sergei tragically died at the age of 28. Below is their story and I really recommend watching it...you won't be disappointed!

Part 1:



Part 2:



Part 3:



Part 4:



Part 5:



Part 6:



Part 7:



Part 8:



Part 9:



Part 10:



Part 11:



I don't know about you but I sobbed when I watched this beautiful story of love and devotion between 2 people. After I watched it I wrote in my prayer journal and I just would like to share with you what the Lord laid on my heart...:

Monday, February 4, 2008
Dear Heavenly Father,

Pls. help me to wait for my future husband faithfully. I watched a beautiful documentary on Sergei and Katia who were skaters then he tragically died in 1995. They fell in love and were married with a little girl named Daria. The love for each other was so evident...I just sobbed. I realized that marraige is not just going to bed together. Rather, it is living each day and enjoying every moment together. I think that is what touched me so about their story.
Lord, I know there is someone out there for me... pls. prepare me for him. I am not strong in my walk with You as much as I would like to be and, Lord I want to be in love with YOu 1st...

Ps: I am reading Pro. 31:10 talking about a wife having "noble character." Lord, mold me till I have a more noble character.

What does noble mean? That was the question that I pondered last night...I pray that the Lord will mold and shape me into a noble woman after His own heart and that He will prepare me for my love...
Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that ice skating thing was so cool:) i'm sure that u will get ur future husband/lover/best friend someday! it will probably come when u least expect like it did for me... i used 2 do the same thing and i still do at times. reading other peoples love stories is quite amazing :-) even though it can be sappy.
~Victoria~