Thursday, August 21, 2008

When God writes your life story

Hey all you fellow bloggers out there :)
So, I have been reading a book by Eric and Leslie Ludy entitled: "When God Writes Your Life Story."

I thought that I would start kindof a new series on this book and just share with you some of the things that I have been learning as I go through each chapter (I am going to try to do a chapter a day).
Why do you ask am I reading this book and why am I doing this series?
Well, the Lord has really been working in my heart lately to challenge me to live unashamedly for HIM and to not let anything in my life get in the way of serving Him 110%.
Some personal things have been happening in my life lately and I have been being challenged over and over with the fact that I may not trust the Lord enough to hand Him the pen to my life story and trust HIM to write it. See, I have said that I will and have given Him the pen but then it seems like I have to take out a pencil and start making what are (in my mind) corrections to what He is planning. Let me tell you...that does not fly with the Lord :)
So, last night I decided to pick up this book and was bowled over with what the 1st chapter had to say.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Part one: Dreaming the Impossible-Passionately pursueing a God-scripted life

Chapter one: The Endless Frontier-awakening the inner pioneer

Basically this chapter was talking about how we as Christians have stopped dreaming the impossible and have instead just kinda settled into our own little Christian bubble and are content to just stay there and not see all that God could accomplish if only we trusted Him enough to take a step of blind faith.

"What happened to our little kid passion for achieving the impossible? When did we stop shooting for impossible goals and start aiming for realistic targets instead? As little kids, we dreamed of a bigger-than-life existance. But eventually we grow up. We lose our "oomph" to keep aiming high. We settle for everyday mediocrity. We stop trying to be heroic and finally accept being average."

I know that one thing I have been really struggling with lately is what and how and when and were God will use me. I will be starting a 12 month LPN (liscensed practical nurse) program and my desire after that is to go on a few short-term missions trips and minister to those in need. But yesterday and the day before especially, it was like all these doubts filled my mind of whether or not I would be able to afford it, what would happen in the meantime-we have about 40-45 people in our church presently, no teens and not having fellowship with teens my age has been really hard lately-wondering about stupid things every girl wonders about like what if I never meet that special someone and never have the chance to get married and have my own family. Just things, doubts, like that but I have come to realize that I need to dream big, reach for the impossible, and just trust the Lord to carry me the rest of the way.

"Now-a-days most of us gravitate away from difficulty. Sitting in a movie theater, we are thrilled when Arnold or Tom ends up in an impossible situation because we trust the movie's director to somehow turn it into a happy ending. But we melt in fear when we find ourselves in an impossible situation in life, because we don't trust God as our life's Director to come through for us and create a triumphant ending. We don't know our God as the God of the Impossible.
For life to be fully lived, it must wrestle the impossible and win. For life to be fully lived, the God of the Impossible must be fully trusted with the writing of the script."

The God of the Impossible...isn't that amazing to think about. What we would consider impossible to Him it is nothing. I wonder what would happen if we learned to trust Him for the most impossible things (in our minds) in our lives at this very moment. If we trusted Him to write that part of our life story...I wonder what things would start happening, how God would use His children, how many people could and would be reached with the Gospel.

"Modern Christians have forcused so much on God's loving us in our weakness that we seem to have forgotten that He wants to build each of us into walking, talking, worldshanging demonstrations of HIS amazing grace. God designed us to become true modern-day heroes-men and women who are devoted, courageous, fearless, immovable, and marked with uncompromised integrity.
God is in the business of making heroes: heroes that Hollyworrd is incapable of imagining. He is in the business of writing amazing scripts for our lives. Not Hollywood scripts, but HEAVENLY scripts that shape us into His real-life action heroes."

Talking about the whole Christian Bubble thing...I know in my own life that I have gotten very comfortable were I am and with what I am doing. But I also know, that the Lord wants me to be so much more and yet I am so afraid to take that step of faith into the unknown....

"But don't be satisfied with just one step. Don't settle for just being above average. NEVER pitch your tent."

"The adventure begins with SIMPLE FAITH-being confident that God is who He says He is; realizing that we have only begun to know Him; resting assured that He will reward those who diligently seek Him, and believing that He will be found by those who desire to find Him.
WHen we approach God with a childlike assuranc that He is exactly who He claims to be, the adventure begins and never ends."

I guess that pretty much sums it up...I have decided personally to take a leap of faith and start trusting God to give me oppurtunities to do hard things for Him and not just that but give me the strength to do them...I want to live completely sold out for Jesus but I am tired of saying that but not having my actions back up my words...is anyone else tired of riding the line of Christianity? Is anyone else tired of limiting God? Will anyone else join me in this endeavor to live 110% for the Lord?

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." ~1 Corinthians 2:9

Are you ready to give up penciling in corrections and once and for all truly trust God to write your life story?

4 comments:

Rose Casell said...

That is one of my absolute favorite books!!!!
Love you Katie Dee

Sharon said...

Yes, I'm tired of all those things, and yes, through God, I will also go all out for Him. I'm so sick of being mediocre.

I remembered this short "message from God" written by Charles Slagle:

"Cherished Child,

My resourcefulness defies imagination! Refuse to let appearances steal your hope. Paranoia perceives only the surface of things. Faith laughs at lying illusions!
Yours Faithfully,
Father

I thought that kind of fit with what you wrote.

Meredith Ivy said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I look forward to checking out your blog more in the future.

Kelly & Sarah Bryant said...

(Kelly throws up rawkfist) 110% for God!!!