Monday, November 10, 2008

Back to the real world...

So I have had an amazing week off! BUT I am back to work today :( I am working everyday this week so it will be an experiance! I am just praying and focusing on the Lord. I really feel like this last week was a turning point in my walk with Christ and now I feel that moving forward is when I am going to need to lean heavily on Him for strength to hold to my convictions and truly be a set apart child of the King.
On my facebook this was my status this morning:

Katy is still pondering the difference between being a "christian" young woman and a set apart (for Christ) young woman.

One of my friends commented on it and I thought that it was really really good (made me think even more!) This is what she said:

Just a thought...that lots of girls are Christians and believe Jesus died on the cross for them and he is their personal Savior.....but not many girls CHOOSE to be set apart from the world & live totally for him by their actions, lifestyle, etc. Anyways you made me ponder it too! God Bless ya girl!


I am off to get my passport and then on a date with Dad :)
Blessings to you all!

"3But know that the LORD has set apart[a] for Himself him who is godly;
The LORD will hear when I call to Him.

4 Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah
5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And put your trust in the LORD."

~Psalm 4:3-5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts!

Why are you getting a passport?

Hope you had a great time with your dad!

-Leanne

Rose Casell said...

I really like (and agree) with the comment you got on your status. . .
LOVE YOU!